State & Local Support
KSA Integration has provided strategic planning and facilitation to several State & Local Agencies including Alexandria Fire Department and Virginia Department of Emergency Management. We provide our State & Local customers with planning and implementation support for significant organizational changes to better position these Agencies for current and future challenges.
Virginia Department of Emergency Management
KSA Integration facilitated an interactive session that addressed several topics on organizational change and the role of leadership tailored to the Virginia Department of Emergency Management. KSA provided expertise and guidance on:
- Organizational culture; how it’s created, how it can be changed
- The role of leadership in a changing organizational culture
- Defining the strategic environment- threats and operational needs
- Strategic planning; Ends, Ways, and Means
- Making tough choices about what not to do
- Operational Planning
- Defining Capabilities and Capacities
- Programming resources and assessing progress and adjusting.
City of Alexandria (VA) Fire Department
KSA Integration provided strategic analysis and facilitation to support the development of a strategic vision and intent for the Alexandria Fire Department. Additionally, KSA Integration provided planning and implementation support for two significant organizational changes: 1.) Filling a “mid-management” gap with the creation of new positions; 2.) Initiating a cross training program for EMS and Fire career paths to promote integration, maximize resources, and increase operational effectiveness.