Systems Engineer- Quantico, VA.
KSA (www.ksaintegration.com) is a service disabled veteran owned small business located in Alexandria, VA. We provide business and management solutions to resolve organizational problems by specializing in helping organizations with strategy, risk assessments, and process improvements. We also develop innovative technology solutions to persistent operational problems and provide organizational and leadership development, including all levels of staff training. In addition to a comprehensive compensation, benefits and paid time off package, we offer employees a very flexible work environment and encourage work/life balance.
The Systems Engineer will play a critical role providing PMO support to a high-visibility Acquisition Category (ACAT) I program within the Marine Corps’ Program Executive Office Land Systems (PEO LS) portfolio. Specifically, you will be responsible for engineering and technical support on acquisition projects, participates in technical working groups, develops network and program test strategies, and performs configuration management activities
- Receives, records and maintains change proposals, trouble reports, and waivers/deviations requests for adjudication including CCB decisions
- Supports, facilitates, documents results configuration change meetings
- Conducts assessments and recommendations on trouble reports, Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), and system drawings
- Updates various Configuration Management (CM) databases
- Performs requirements analysis, concept development, cost estimating, and identification of risk drivers, needs, and opportunities
- Reviews, analyzes and makes recommendations on the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) engineering data, and engineering portions of acquisitions documentation
- Participates in engineering review meetings, providing evaluation and summary of information
- Analyzes network design and makes recommendations for improvements
- Maintains Network Design Documents (NDDs) and makes recommendations for changes
- procedures and test reports
- Participates in the performing of test events, coordinating events and personnel, and providing trip reports for test events
- Assists in the development of test plans
- Actively participates in meetings, working groups and IPTs
- Utilizes communication skills to coordinate team activities
- Prepares, reviews, and posts CDRLs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other technical related field and 5+ years related experience supporting Navy or Marine Corps projects
- DAU Level II training and certification desired and or PMP equivalency
- FEAC certification is a plus
- ACAT I experience in Navy or Marine Corps programs desired
- Experience planning and coordinating engineering efforts and project schedules
- Active SECRET clearance is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel) and MS Visio
- Experience using Microsoft Project required
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of an integrated team of Government and non-Government staff required
- The ability to coordinate with program stakeholders and to work issues to closure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly required to sit and talk or hear. You are frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; and, occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All employees are responsible for their safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Safe use of KSA equipment, as well as safe practices while on KSA property is essential.
For immediate consideration, please send your Résumé to: email@example.com
KSA is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a zero tolerance policy for discrimination in the workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Additionally, KSA seeks to provide reasonable accommodations for an applicant’s disability, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).